Ovulation facts in a nutshell:
- Typically, only one egg is released during ovulation.
- An egg can live up to 24 hours after ovulation.
- Sperm can live up to 72 hours.
- Stress, sickness, or other outside influences can affect ovulation.
- It usually takes from a week to 12 days for a fertilized egg to become implanted.
- It is possible to experience ovulation even without experiencing a period.
- While it is common not to be aware that you are ovulating, some women experience heaviness or some pain during ovulation.
- The chance of pregnancy increases if intercourse occurs sometime between three days before to three days after ovulation.